In the Maine Clambake Mystery collection by Barbara Ross, Vee Snug serves a gentle stream of baked items to visitors on the Snuggles Inn in Busman’s Harbor, Maine, every yet another scrumptious than the final. These muffins are a selected favourite of Snowden Family Clambake proprietor and collection protagonist Julia Snowden, as a result of they characteristic one in every of her favourite fruits—raspberries!
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2½ cups flour
- four teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup crushed raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- In a big bowl, cream the butter and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg and add the milk.
- In a 3rd bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Gradually alternate including the dry substances after which the milk and egg to the creamed butter and sugar.
- Stir within the crushed raspberries.
- Bake in greased muffin tins for 20 to 25 minutes.
You can discover these different scrumptious recipes in Steamed Open!
- Livvie’s Linguini with Clam Sauce
- Peg’s Famous Clam Dip
- Clam Potato Casserole
- Ma’s Sour Cream Coffee Cake
It’s summertime in Busman’s Harbor, Maine, and the clamming is straightforward—or it was till a mysterious new neighbor blocks entry to the seaside, slicing off the Snowden Family Clambake’s provide. Julia Snowden is only one of many townspeople angered by Bartholomew Frick’s determination. But which one in every of them was indignant sufficient to kill?
Barbara Ross is the writer of the Maine Clambake Mysteries. The first e book within the collection, Clammed Up, was nominated for an Agatha Award for Best Contemporary Novel, the RT Book Reviews, Reviewer’s Choice Best Book Award for Amateur Sleuth and was a finalist for the Maine Literary Award for Crime Fiction. She is co-editor/co-publisher of Level Best Books, which produces anthologies of crime tales by New England authors. She writes at her residence overlooking the harbor in Boothbay Harbor, Maine. Visit Barbara at her website.
For extra Cozy Mysteries, go to www.KensingtonCozies.com.