We needed to attempt a brand new recipe involving tea and occurred to stumble throughout Chinese Tea Eggs on-line! What a discover! They are merely onerous boiled eggs, soaked in a combination of black tea and spices, which give them an superior taste. The shells are partially cracked as soon as the eggs are cooked to offer them that stunning tie-dye like sample. Tea eggs are a quite common avenue meals in China.
There are a number of variations on the market however right here’s what we used to taste our eggs:
2 x Art of Tea Organic Breakfast Teabags
three x Art of Tea Ammo (or you need to use three star anise & 1 cinnamon stick)
¼ cup of Soy Sauce
6 x Eggs
– Put the eggs in a pot and fill with water till they’re coated
– Bring the water to a boil, then decrease the warmth and permit to simmer for two minutes
– Carefully take away the eggs from the pot (They will probably be scorching!)
– Using the sting of a fork, faucet the egg throughout to calmly crack the shell’s floor
– Put the eggs again into the pot of water
– Add the teabags, ammo and soy sauce
– Simmer for two hours, including extra water when the extent will get low
– Remove the eggs from the pot and punctiliously take away the cracked shells to disclose a phenomenal tea egg!
The eggs might be eaten scorching or chilly for a snack or you would even chop them up and add them to fried rice, or any meal for that matter! They’re additionally nice snacks on mountaineering or tenting journeys