observe that this recipe was beforehand printed on November 12th, 2014You wish to serve one thing attention-grabbing at your subsequent get-together, however wine simply feels too blasé. The martini is overdone. Margaritas are so yesterday. So let’s make a cocktail that can really impress: a citrus and lavender inexperienced tea rickey.
A rickey is a drink made with gin or bourbon, lime, and carbonation. We’re going to up the ante by infusing our gin with lemon, lime, and lavender, and then we’re going so as to add it to some inexperienced tea and high all of it off with tonic water.
First, let’s infuse the gin. Don’t fear, it’s simple!
- Simply add the zest from one lemon and one lime to a quart Mason jar.
- Sprinkle in Three tablespoons of natural, dried lavender buds, then fill the jar with one liter of your favourite gin.
- Put the lid on tightly, give the jar a shake, and let it sit for a number of days (3-5 is right, however you are able to do kind of relying on how sturdy you prefer it).
- When it’s executed, pressure out the zest and lavender and you will have a beautiful infused spirit to make use of in our cocktail recipe.
If you don’t like gin, you are able to do this with vodka as an alternative and the outcomes are simply as scrumptious.
- 2 ozinfused gin
- 2 ozbrewed inexperienced tea, chilly
- 1 tablespoon easy syrup
- Tonic water
- Add gin, tea, easy syrup and ice to a martini shaker. Cover and shake nicely.
- Strain into glass with extra ice and high with tonic water.
- Garnish with a twist of lemon or lime.
Thirsty for More?
Get your Daily Dose of Steeped Stories, Tips &
Click here for your Free Subscription!