What higher option to mix tea and biscuits than to place tea in the biscuit? These Earl Grey shortbread cookies are buttery and brilliant, highlighting one of many all-time classics of the tea world. And they’re gluten free, too!
Enjoy them on their very own or—naturally—at tea time with a cup of the Earl’s most interesting.
- 1-1/three cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/four teaspoon salt
- 6 Earl Grey tea baggage
- eight tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- half cup sugar
- 2 massive egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350˚ Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix rice flour, baking powder and salt in a medium-sized bowl.
- Cut tops off tea baggage and pour into bowl; stir to mix.
- In a big mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar till fluffy. Add egg yolks and vanilla, beating till mixed. Gradually fold within the dry elements, mixing effectively till a gentle dough varieties.
- Roll tablespoon-sized balls of dough between your palms and evenly press onto lined baking sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or till edges start to brown.
- Allow to chill on tray for a couple of minutes earlier than eradicating to a wire rack to chill utterly.