Jasmine inexperienced tea lends it’s delicate taste to this marinated tofu dish, alongside with spicy ginger, vinegar and garlic. Packed filled with greens, it’s a meal excessive in fiber and nutritional vitamins. Not a tofu fan? Try it with hen as a substitute, adjusting the cooking time as wanted to completely cook dinner the hen.
- 2 tablespoons ready tamarind sauce
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 tablespoon jasmine inexperienced tea leaves
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1 (14-ounce) package deal agency tofu, drained and patted dry, minimize into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons peanut or canola oil
- Tamari, to taste
- 2 packed cups broccoli florets
- half of cup chopped contemporary mushrooms
- 1 medium pink bell pepper, cored, seeded, and chopped
- half of giant pink onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- Put tamarind sauce, ginger, tea leaves, rice vinegar and garlic right into a container with a decent becoming lid. Add tofu and toss nicely. Refrigerate, shaking the container sometimes to distribute the marinade, for 12 hours or in a single day.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a big skillet over medium excessive warmth. Drain tofu and reserve marinade. Add tofu and tamari and cook dinner, stirring nearly consistently, till tofu may be very scorching all through, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a bowl and put aside.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil in skillet. Add broccoli, mushrooms, peppers, onions, tamari and remaining marinade. Cook, stirring often, till broccoli is crisp-tender and pan juices have evaporated, 5 to 7 minutes. Return tofu to skillet and toss gently to mix. Drizzle with sesame oil and serve.
Thirsty for More?
Get your Daily Dose of Steeped Stories, Tips &
Click here for your Free Subscription!