New York Times best-selling writer Krista Davis delights readers with the newest installment in her enormously well-liked and charming Domestic Diva collection. In The Diva Sweetens the Pie, an annual pie competition crumbles into chaos after a celeb choose is murdered, leaving it as much as entertaining maven and sometime-sleuth Sophie Winston to dole out justice. Enjoy this page-turner with a heat teacup of Currant Event Black Tea from Tea Source and a slice of Piled High Strawberry Pie.
Piled High Strawberry Pie
- 9 sheets honey graham crackers
- four tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 kilos strawberries
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1¼ cup water
- 2 tablespoons contemporary lemon juice
- Sweetened Whipped Cream (recipe follows)
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In the work bowl of a meals processor, pulse graham crackers till they’re fantastic crumbs. With processor operating, pour in butter. Press crumb combination into an 8-inch pie pan. Bake till calmly browned, Eight to 12 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Wash strawberries and pat dry. Hull strawberries and lower lengthwise into quarters.
- In a heavy-bottomed pot, mix 2 cups strawberries and sugar. Mash with a potato masher, leaving some clumps of strawberry. Add cornstarch and stir till dissolved. Stir in 1¼ cup water and lemon juice, and convey to a boil over medium-high warmth. Reduce warmth to a simmer till combination thickens and turns pink, roughly 2 minutes. Remove from warmth.
- Pour sufficient raw strawberries into ready pie pan to cowl the backside in a single layer. (They shouldn’t be completely organized.) Ladle one-third of scorching strawberry combination over them. Add one other layer of raw strawberries, mounding them towards the middle. Ladle one other one-third of scorching strawberry combination over them. Add remaining raw strawberries, heaping them towards the center. Slowly and thoroughly ladle remaining one-third of scorching strawberry combination over high. (Try to cowl all the naked strawberries.) Refrigerate till set.
- Serve with Sweetened Whipped Cream. (If you’re feeling festive, pipe whipped cream round the edge.)
Sweetened Whipped Cream
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ⅓ cup confectioners’ sugar
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a big bowl, beat cream with a mixer at excessive velocity till comfortable peaks type. Add confectioners’ sugar and vanilla extract, beating till stiff peaks type. Use instantly.
Get your copy of THE DIVA SWEETENS THE PIE by Krista Davis HERE!
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Best-selling writer Krista Davis grew up devouring Nancy Drew, the Hardy Boys, and Agatha Christie and nonetheless loves an excellent thriller. She lives and writes in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia together with her cats and canine and lived for a time in Old Town, Alexandria. Like her home diva, Sophie Winston, Krista enjoys cooking (okay, consuming!) and entertaining, however she’d simply as quickly depart the cleansing to another person. For extra on Krista Davis’ Domestic Diva collection, go to KristaDavis.com. For extra Cozy Mysteries, go to KensingtonCozies.com.