We’ve all been instructed over and over to eat our greens. However, at the same time as adults many individuals nonetheless despise the flavour of those ‘healthy foods’. To add curiosity to them, steam your veggies with lemongrass-ginger tea!
- 5 cups water
- 1 (2-inch) piece contemporary ginger root, peeled and roughly chopped
- 5 lemongrass-ginger tea baggage
- Sea salt, to taste
- Ground pepper, to taste
- 1 head cauliflower, stemmed, lower into florets
- 1 head broccoli, stemmed, lower into florets
- 2 zucchini, ends trimmed, halved horizontally, lower into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 yellow squash, ends trimmed, halved horizontally, lower into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 cups Jerusalem artichokes (sunchokes), peeled, sliced and sprinkled with lemon juice
- Place water within the backside of a steamer resembling a bamboo steamer or a pot for cooking pasta. Add ginger, cowl and convey to a boil.
- When water boils, add tea baggage to water with a pinch of salt and pepper. Remove from warmth, cowl pot and let tea steep for five minutes. Remove tea baggage, return to warmth and convey water again to a boil. Meanwhile, put together steaming basket: place cauliflower and broccoli florets on the underside of the basket. Sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste. Add zucchini and yellow squash slices, adopted by the Jerusalem artichokes.
- Place basket over water, ensuring that the water doesn’t contact the bottom of the basket. Cover and cook dinner for about 10 minutes, till greens are crisp-tender. Serve instantly.
Thirsty for More?
Get your Daily Dose of Steeped Stories, Tips &
Click here for your Free Subscription!