Although not a true cheesecake, this dessert has the wealthy texture and taste paying homage to cheesecake, and it’s each uncooked and vegan! Cashews and coconut oil present the creamy base, with lemon and matcha including simply sufficient zing to make your taste buds clamor for extra!
- Three cups cashews, uncooked (soak/drain earlier than mixing)
- half of cup grade B maple syrup (to make actually “raw” substitute uncooked agave syrup rather than maple)
- half of cup melted natural virgin coconut oil (refined or unrefined – each work)
- 3/Four tsp salt
- 2/Three cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- pinch of zest (for garnish)
- half of cup cashew filling blended with 1/2-1 tsp matcha powder
- 3/Four cup uncooked walnuts
- half of cup dates (non-obligatory)
- 1 tsp flax seeds (non-obligatory)
- Matcha sprinkle to serve (non-obligatory)
- Soak the uncooked cashews. For a fast soak, add nuts to a bowl and fill with sizzling water till lined. Add a pinch of salt and permit to soak for a minimum of 30 minutes. I prefer to swirl the cashews within the water each jiffy to hurry up the loosening course of. For a protracted soak: soak in water for 4-6 hours. Quick soak ought to solely be used when you’ve got a excessive velocity blender and use very popular water to soak.
- While nuts soak, begin squeezing the lemons. You can even course of the uncooked walnuts till nice and chunky – to be used within the crust. If utilizing dates, course of these with the nuts and non-obligatory flax seeds. Grease a serving pan with coconut oil and press the walnut combination into the dish till a unfastened crust varieties. Place this dish within the freezer.
- Drain the cashews. Rinse. Add cashews to a blender or meals processor. Melt the coconut oil and add it to the nice and cozy drained nuts within the blender/meals processor. Start mixing from low to excessive. Add within the maple syrup too. Keep mixing till a chunky nut combination varieties. Blend on excessive till it begins to skinny out a bit. Then slowly pour within the lemon juice and watch because the combination all of the sudden turns into creamy and white. Keep mixing till this combination is silky easy. This will take a couple of minutes, and occasional excessive mixing speeds.
- Pull the dish from the freezer and pour out 3/Four of the combination into the dish. Smooth it out.
- Blend half of – 3/Four tsp matcha inexperienced tea powder with the leftover combination – till easy and inexperienced. Pour this matcha combination over the white filling and swirl. Add lemon zest on high.
- Chill within the fridge till agency sufficient to slice. Serve chilled. Eat inside 2-Three days. Serve with a lemon wedge and a few match inexperienced tea sprinkled on high.