Delicious Downward Dog:
- Begin by taking deep breaths, changing into conscious of your physique and if there’s any pressure.
- Slowly sip your heat cup of tea, having fun with every breath. Embrace the quiet. Take a few moments right here.
- Come down onto your arms and knees in a crawling place. Your knees needs to be under your hips and your arms in entrance of shoulders.
- Take a good take a look at your arms. Widen your fingers. Make positive your palms and every of your fingers contact the bottom. Feel the strain of the bottom beneath your arms.
- What are your toes doing? Downward canine is partially about changing into conscious of all components of your physique. Take the time to the touch the information of your toes (barely curled) to the bottom and slowly lengthen your legs (at first depart your heels off the bottom and preserve your knees bent). Look again at your ft. Keep them hip width aside.
- Become conscious of your again. Picture a massive rope wrapped round your waist and really feel your hips and tailbone barely lifting up. Bring your sit bones up into the air (it’s a very highly effective rope) and gently rotate your thighs inward to assist your physique keep this posture.
- With an exhalation, push your high thighs again and convey your heels nearer to the bottom. If they will’t contact, use yoga bricks to help and place your heels on the bricks.
- What are your arms doing? Lengthen your arms. Recognize the power in your arms. Firm your arms and arms to the bottom and carry your shoulders up and again.
- What is your head doing? If it’s hanging like a rag doll, deliver your head between your two arms. In downward canine you might be utilizing your complete physique.
- Absorb the sensation of this posture and the way downward canine is supposed to really feel. Stay within the posture so long as feels proper. To attain the total advantages of the posture, attempt to keep in it for 1 to three minutes.
- Return to a seated place. Keep respiratory and slowly sip the remainder of your cup of tea.
Learn how one can pair over 18 yoga poses with teas and tisanes in our free Wellness & Tea 101 E-Book. Click the picture under to obtain it now.
notice that this text was beforehand printed in Oct 2014
Thirsty for More?
Get your Daily Dose of Steeped Stories, Tips &
Click here for your Free Subscription!