Powerful issues occur when a bunch of girls get collectively – particularly when that group of girls has a deep data of tea, a way of journey, and a taste for creativity.
During the final weekend in July, an eclectic group of influential tea bloggers joined forces to discover the New York City tea scene. Rachel Carter, Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, Certified Tea Specialist, and Tea Blogger of @iheartteas and @mindbodykarmalife, got down to meet Sara Shacket of @tea_happiness, JoAni Johnson of @agiftoftea and @joanijohnson6000, Nicole Wilson of @teaformeplease, Connie Tsang of @teainspoons, and Verna L. Hamilton of @msvlh.
They known as it #NYCTeaTour – and their readers and followers joined them nearly on their journey.
Rachel spoke with us about her time on the tour… and satisfied some of her pals to share some of their favourite elements too.
What tea locations did you go to on the #NYCTeaTour?
My pals made positive we hit as many locations as attainable. Being native themselves and completely in contact with the tea scene, I left the planning to the specialists.
- Bibble & Sip
- Finally, an impromptu lunch with Sara and Jo at Radiance Tea.
Tell us somewhat bit about who you had been with.
All of us are bloggers however with completely different focuses. Jo, Nicole, and Sara impressed my go to. We have identified one another for a very long time. This journey was made particular as a result of of these pretty women.
Sara is a Certified Tea Sommelier that does fantastic work relating to tea and historical past. She additionally dabbles in rising tea crops at residence. She has fairly the inexperienced thumb – I noticed for myself.
Jo is a Certified Tea Blender, educator, guide, and has her personal kids’s guide about tea. Currently, she is one of the hottest ageful vogue fashions. She is a Fenty Beauty Model for Rihanna’s new fashon line and has a brand new marketing campaign in Sephora. She has been in Elle, Vogue, Allure, and the checklist goes on.
Nicole is an award-winning blogger and Tea Speaker. She received the 2018 World Tea Award for Best Tea Blog. Her subsequent engagement will likely be at the Chicago Tea Festival this yr.
Connie is the latest addition to the tea running a blog household. Her journey to New York serendipitously coincided with mine. We had been the guests of the group, her from Ontario and me from Chicago. She likes to journey and uncover teas after which writes all about it.
Verna has in depth data in the tea industry, having spoken at a number of World Tea Events and traveled to Istanbul to talk about tea. I had linked with her a number of instances at The World Tea Expo. She is certainly a tea fanatic and lover of matcha. She loves tea historical past and dance. It was nice to attach with her once more.
How did this journey evolve – what began all of it?
This all began just a few years again. Every time we received collectively at The World Tea Expo, Jo, Nicole, and Sara stated I actually wanted to go to the tea scene in New York. Who may argue with them? After this final expo I made a decision sufficient was sufficient.
Sara is a superb planner and mixed with Jo they each got here up with the tour spots. Only factor I did was present up and create a hashtag. The native women know the spot and the folks behind them. I’d comply with Sara, Jo, and Nicole anyplace. Note: they know all the foodie and vogue spots too. A lady can get misplaced in New York and definitely go broke too, if not too cautious.
So, to reply your query the #NYCTeaTour was a bunch effort between myself, Sara, Jo, and Nicole. I’ll say our journey wasn’t nearly tea. We additionally included loads of foodie stops. We love our tea, meals, and vogue.
Will #NYCTeaotur change into an annual pilgrimage?
Oh, my I hope so.
What had been some of your favourite elements?
Unforgettable moments embody the Aged Tea & Chocolate pairing at the Baccarat. We did the urged tea with the two candies however we combined and matched to see what we want as properly. It was academic and enjoyable and exquisite. We began out with a giant bang.
Sparkling Darjeeling at 29B. I’m not a lot of a glowing individual however nonetheless they made it, the bubbles had been tremendous fantastic – it was the champagne of tea and we paired our tea with a cheese plate – it was the candy/salty/crunchy expertise.
Cold Brew Oolong and Pineapple Linzer at Te Company. That was particular. They’re not solely identified for his or her tea – but additionally their desserts. Specifically their pineapple Linzer– I paired it with a roasted chilly brew oolong. It was excellent, particularly because it was sizzling that weekend, we had been ingesting loads of issues to offset the warmth.
Best total was spending time with my tea pals. They actually made this journey spectacular for me.
What new issues did you study/taste?
The new stuff for me was the chocolate and tea pairing, hojicha comfortable serve, avocado inexperienced tea with cheese high, and glowing Darjeeling. I discovered that you could find something in NYC which is saying loads coming from Chicago.
What did you guys discuss over tea?
As tea geeks do, we talked about flavors, in contrast notes. We generally tend to geek out once we all determine comparable layers in the tea. Then we talk about the meals we paired with the tea. Of course, we additionally talked about what to have subsequent as a result of there may be by no means sufficient, and the fixed subject of dialog at all times began with, “When you come back….”
Sara, Nicole, and Constance additionally mirrored on the tour with their fellow bloggers and pals:
It was such a particular expertise to see our NYC tea outlets via the eyes of Rachel, who skilled them for the first time. I used to be in a position to recognize all the superb tea sources we’ve got in a brand new means. There had been so many fantastic teas, and I’m nonetheless savoring the iced watermelon matcha we had at Setsugekka. I’m so glad we had been in a position to create this NYC tea tour for her.
My favourite half of our tour was spending time with pals that I don’t get to see fairly often. None of us would have met if it hadn’t been for tea. The complete journey was additionally an awesome reminder to not take all of the fantastic tea locations in my yard with no consideration. We’re fortunate to have so many to select from. I’m a bit biased however my favourite pairing was undoubtedly the cheesecake lined in wildflower honey alongside Té Company’s Graceful Hill oolong. It was a match made in heaven!
I’ve at all times wished to go to NYC as a result of I‘ve heard of the rich tea culture there. I was lucky that Rachel was visiting the weekend I was considering, so, I decided to go as well. It was lovely to hang out with my tea friends who I met last June at the World Tea Expo, such as Sara, Jo, and Nicole. I was really grateful for Sara and Jo planning out a weekend tea excursion! While many of the tea shops were lovely, my key highlights were Té Company, T-shop, and the tea and chocolate pairing at the Baccarat with Mansa Tea! I can’t wait to return.
Rachel stated they might get misplaced in dialog over tea. While they saved on schedule, they left room for inspiration and impromptu stops, which included buying, extra tea and meals, and King Kong on Broadway.
We love conversations with Tea Bloggers! Have you read this one with Notes on Tea?
Thirsty for More?
Get your Daily Dose of Steeped Stories, Tips & Exclusive Offers.
Click here for your Free Subscription!
Scones Away! (The Cornish Cream Tea Bus, Book 3)
|Languages||Name: English; Type: Published|
|Number Of Pages||101|
|Product Type Name||ABIS_EBOOKS|
|Title||Scones Away! (The Cornish Cream Tea Bus, Book 3)|
Emma Bridgewater Pink Hearts Melamine Children's Tea Set
£31.90 in stock
- Matching Items Available
- Wash in warm soapy water
Café Ole The Stal Heart Shaped Mesh Tea Infuser Ball Strainer, Stainless Steel
- Brew perfect tea every time with this perforated tea infuser.
- Fill with loose leaf tea or spices of your choice.
- Place into a cup of boiling hot water for a convenient way to make a quick cup of tea.
- Dish washer safe.
- Fully guaranteed against manufacturing defects.
Teabloom Heart Shaped Flowering Tea - 12 Assorted Blooming Tea Flowers Gift Set - Green Tea + Jasmine, Pomegranate, Strawberry, Rose, Litchi & Peach - Unique Romantic Valentine Gift
£18.95 in stock
- A GARDEN OF BEAUTIFUL FLOWERING TEAS: If you love flowers and tea, we have the perfect combination for you. A selection of flavors ranging from the exotic to the purely delightful: Green Tea + Jasmine, Pomegranate, Strawberry, Rose, Litchi & Peach.
- HAND-TIED HEART SHAPED TEA BALLS: We take great care to ensure every gourmet tea ball is a work of art. Hand-picked green tea leaves are carefully tied with delicate flower blossoms to create a unique tea drinking experience that satisfies on every level.
- PICKED AND SEALED AT THE PEAK OF FRESHNESS: Each blooming tea ball is sealed in an airtight foil wrapper to protect its freshness, as well as all those healthy antioxidants and polyphenols. You'll love how the exquisite flavors and aromas are preserved.
- THE BEST GIFT YOU CAN GIVE THE TEA LOVER IN YOUR LIFE: Tea drinkers will discover a one-of-a-kind experience in heart shaped blooming tea. It's a feast for the senses. Each tea ball can be reused up to 3 times. Simply refrigerate between uses.
- 100% MONEY BACK GUARANTEE: Shop with complete confidence knowing that that we are proud to stand behind our Blooming Tea Flowers with a full satisfaction and money back guarantee. If you don't absolutely love your teas, we want you to let us know.
The Icing on the Cake (The Cornish Cream Tea Bus, Book 4)
|Languages||Name: English; Type: Published|
|Number Of Pages||100|
|Product Type Name||ABIS_EBOOKS|
|Title||The Icing on the Cake (The Cornish Cream Tea Bus, Book 4)|
Ginger Ray Natural Wood and Glass with Heart Tealight Holders with Handle - Rustic Country
- Place our authentic 'Wooden Heart Tealight Holders' on your table settings for a dreamy romantic feel that will be adored by guests
- The gorgeous wood finish will look chic around your venue
- Each pack contains one tealight holder measuring 9cm (H), 7cm (W)
- Part of Ginger Ray's Rustic Country Range
Himalayan Crystal Salt Tea Light Holder - Heart Shape - Glowing Air Purifier
- Lovely Glow In a Heart shape salt candle holder
- purify the Air
- Increase negative IONES
- Best Gift for Loved ones
Coasters Set of 4 Heart Design Place Mats Drinks Tea Coffee Cork Home Kitchen
- Heart Design Coasters - Set of 4
- Perfect for Tea and Coffee or any Drink!
- A smart yet stylish way of protecting your furniture
- Size: 10.5cm x 10.5cm Thickness: 3mm
- Material: MDF & Cork
Kentop 50 Tealight Candles Smokeless Tea Light Romantic Heart Tea Light Set for Sledge, Wedding, Birthday, Party, Candles, red, 3.7*3.7*1.0cm
- Size L × B × H : 3.7 x 3.7 x 1.0 cm
- Do you want to romantic and pleasant atmosphere This tea lights in a heart shape, is the best choice for you.
- Heart shaped candles are just for the perfect romantic atmosphere, whether for a wedding day, a date, Vorschlag a party or a family celebration.
- Note: Please be reminded you may be sure that you use in safety situations
- Package: 50 2 speakers, 25 pieces/box
50 Love Red Candle Set - Heart Shaped Smokeless Tea Light Candles - for Valentines Day, Mothers Day Wedding or anniversary, Birthday Surprise, Romantic date night, candle light evening decoration
- Large quantities - These packets come in large packs of 50 which give you the opportunity to use as many as you need
- Atmosphere - These candles produce the ideal romantic atmosphere, whether it is an anniversary, date, dinner party or family events.
- Good aroma - The candles are smoke free and can burn nicely whilst providing a clear light
- Small - These candles are neat and small allowing you to place them on the table or on the side without worrying about taking up too much space.
- Lifetime warranty - Feel at ease with your purchase with your lifetime warranty on all of our products. Any questions? Just contact us, we will respond within 24 hours.
Christmas In Heaven Remembrance Heart tea light holder Oak
|Brand||Crafty Gift Company|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 87; Length: 945; Weight: 26; Width: 630|
|Product Group||Guild Product|
|Product Type Name||GUILD_HOME|
|Title||Christmas In Heaven Remembrance Heart tea light holder Oak|
Any Human Heart [DVD] 
8 used from £ 4.82
- Any Human Heart - Season 1 - 2-DVD Set ( Any Human Heart - Season One )
- Any Human Heart - Season 1 - 2-DVD Set
- Any Human Heart - Season One
Candle Bags UK Candle Luminary Bags (Pack of 10) - Large Heart Design
£3.49 in stock
- Candle bags are flame retardant and biodegradable
- Packaged in packs of 10
- Excellent for lighting pathways or creating ambience
- Bright white in colour
- Easy to use
Coffee Tea The Caribbean & Me: A heart-warming feel-good read of friendship and love
|Label||Ramjam Publishing Company|
|Languages||Name: English; Type: Published|
|Manufacturer||Ramjam Publishing Company|
|Number Of Pages||356|
|Product Type Name||ABIS_EBOOKS|
|Publisher||Ramjam Publishing Company|
|Studio||Ramjam Publishing Company|
|Title||Coffee Tea The Caribbean & Me: A heart-warming feel-good read of friendship and love|
Small Melamine Kitchen Tea Coffee Sugar Serving Tray 33cm x 16cm Heart Design
|Binding||Kitchen & Home|
|EAN List||EAN List Element: 5015302441562|
|Package Dimensions||Height: 63; Length: 1315; Weight: 31; Width: 638|
|Product Type Name||HOME|
|Title||Small Melamine Kitchen Tea Coffee Sugar Serving Tray 33cm x 16cm Heart Design|
Ozorath OFF WITH THEIR HEADS ALICE IN WONDERLAND BADGE BUTTON PIN (Size is 1inch/25mm diameter)
- Quality badge/button/pin
- Rear pin metal fastening
- Hand made to a high quality
- Ideal fancy dress accessory
- Great gift idea
Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
|Product Group||Digital Music Album|
|Product Type Name||DOWNLOADABLE_MUSIC_ALBUM|
|Title||Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band|
|Actor||Paul Anderson; Tom Hardy; Christopher Eccleston; Joshua Hill; Emily Browning|
|Audience Rating||Suitable for 18 years and over|
|Creator||Brian Helgeland; Michael Bassick; Tim Bevan; Liza Chasin; Chris Clark; Olivier Courson; Quentin Curtis; Eric Fellner; Amelia Granger; Ron Halpern; Tom Hardy; Peter Mallouk; Ray Mallouk; Brian Oliver; Jane Robertson; Kate Solomon; Christopher Woodrow|
|Product Type Name||DOWNLOADABLE_MOVIE|
[400 Counts Assorted Refills Only] 4 Types of Face Oil Blotting Paper Sheets Refill - Bamboo Charcoal + Sweetheart + Green Tea + 100% Natural Linen Fibers Oil Absorbing Sheets Made in Japan
- 400 Counts (100 Paper x 4) Refill: Simply insert the refill in the mirror case.
- COMPACT PACKING WITH POP-UP DESIGN: No more waste! Use one at a time. Lightweight, simple and cute packaging. Ideal for use at home, at the gym, sports or in your car or office.
- PAPER FROM JAPAN: Premium Oil Blotting Tissues imported from Japan and packaged in Korea. 100% Natural linen fibers paper with Bamboo Charcoal.
- 100% NATURAL INGREDIENT: Perfect for sensitive skin without irritation.
- PERFECT PACKAGING FOR ANYWHERE YOU GO! The compact designed package (3 in x 2.5 in) but contains large size sheets (4 in x 2.5 in).
Blue Sky 5" Ceramic Red Owl & Hearts Teapot
- Decorative ceramic owl teapot
- Bright and colorful red glaze with hearts design
- Measures 5"H x 5.5"W