Jasmine, fairly than your typical teabag inexperienced tea, is the star of those oven-roasted Jasmine Tea rub ribs. Not solely is the meat brined in a tea combination, however the tea can be integrated right into a tasty dry rub. This recipe makes use of Jasmine tea due to its delicate, aromatic, and floral taste, however be at liberty to make use of your favourite inexperienced tea–so long as it’s good high quality! This weekend throughout your weekly grocery journey, choose up some tea and a pair racks of ribs–this recipe is a must-try, and also you gained’t be disenchanted!
Prep Time: three hours, 15 minutes
Cook Time: 2 hours
Total Time: 5 hours, 15 minutes
- 6 cups boiling water
- 2 tablespoons dried jasmine tea leaves
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 rack ribs (about three lbs)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 2 teaspoons prime quality jasmine tea leaves, floor right into a powder in a blender or spice grinder
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt (add this salt provided that your ribs are very meaty)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey, dissolved with 1 tablespoon water
- A handful every of toasted sesame seeds and cilantro leaves
- In a bowl or pitcher, mix the new water, tea leaves, salt, and sugar.
- Let the combination sit till it’s cooled and the tea has had an opportunity to steep. It ought to look very darkish and powerful.
- Put the ribs in a sturdy 1 gallon Ziploc bag, and pour within the brine combination.
- Squeeze the air out of the bag and seal.
- Put within the fridge to marinate for three hours. Don’t marinate for for much longer, or it may be too salty.
- Take the ribs out of the bag and brush off any stray tea leaves.
- Preheat the oven to 325 levels F.
- In a small bowl, mix the pepper, cumin, paprika, floor tea, and salt, if utilizing.
- Brush the ribs completely with a skinny layer of soy sauce, and rub the spices everywhere in the ribs.
- Transfer the ribs to the oven together with a small heatproof dish crammed with water (this prevents the ribs from drying out).
- Bake for 1 hour, and brush the ribs on each side with the honey water.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes, brush with honey water once more, and switch. Raise the warmth to 375 levels F.
- Bake for an additional 30 minutes, take away from the oven, and garnish with toasted sesame seeds and cilantro.
© THE WOKS OF LIFE. All photographs & content material are copyright protected. Please don’t use these photographs or this content material with out prior permission. To republish this publish, please present a hyperlink again to this web page.
notice that this recipe was beforehand printed on January fifth, 2015
Thirsty for More?
Get your Daily Dose of Steeped Stories, Tips &
Click here for your Free Subscription!