Roses are a reasonably widespread ingredient in tea, but it surely’s uncommon to see them in customary American cooking. That’s why these shortbreads are so beautiful—they’re infused with rosewater and garnished with dried rose petals, giving them a phenomenal taste that can go completely together with your afternoon tea.
If you’re undecided the place to search out rosewater, examine the ethnic part of your native grocery retailer. You might also want to look in well being meals shops or Middle Eastern groceries. If all else fails, you may get it on-line quite inexpensively.
Recipe from Phoebe’s Pure Food
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/four cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon rosewater
- half of teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups all-function, complete wheat white or spelt flour
- half of teaspoon sea salt
- Three tablespoons dried rose petals
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar to garnish
- Three tablespoons dried rose petals, to garnish
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- Cream the butter and confectioners’ sugar utilizing a paddle attachment in a stand mixer.
- Add the rosewater and lemon juice, then combine.
- While letting the mixer run on medium pace, slowly incorporate the flour and salt, earlier than including the rose petals final.
- Press right into a 10-inch, detachable-backside tart pan.
- Using a fork gently prick the floor.
- Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Bake for 35-45 minutes, till flippantly golden.
- Sprinkle with sugar, lower into any form you’d like (wedges, squares, fingers), and permit to chill earlier than serving.
Thirsty for More?
Get your Daily Dose of Steeped Stories, Tips &
Click here for your Free Subscription!