Sweet and salty; is there any higher pairing to care for each craving without delay? Sure there may be—simply add chocolate, then enhance the richness with a deeply flavored Russian Caravan black tea mix! Make the combination and present it to a good friend or simply bounce proper to the recipe and make this deal with. Just remember to steep a pot of the Russian Caravan black tea to pair with the chocolate tea-infused bites.
Makes 1 quart jar; 12 servings
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- half of cup brown sugar
- half of cup granulated sugar
- 3 Tbl loose-leaf Russian Caravan tea
- half of cup caramel bits
- 2/Three cup cocoa powder
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
Tip: Can’t discover caramel bits? Chill about 20 caramel candies within the fridge for an hour, then unwrap and chop them. If they nonetheless stick with the knife, strive spraying the blade with cooking spray from time to time.
1. Grind the Russian Caravan tea to a advantageous spice-like consistency utilizing a spice grinder, espresso grinder, or mortar and pestle.
2. In a 1-quart glass mason jar, layer the elements: Put 1 cup of flour within the backside of the jar. Top with brown sugar. Put granulated sugar on prime of brown sugar. Sprinkle with floor tea and caramel bits.
3. Put a folded dishtowel on the counter. Gently faucet the jar on prime of the towel to pack the elements down.
4. Add the cocoa powder on prime of the caramel bits; sprinkle with salt and baking powder.
5. Top with the remaining 1 cup of flour. Tap gently to compress all of the elements to slot in the jar.
6. Seal the jar with its lid and add a label with cooking directions.
Instructions For The Chocolate Bars
Make a label with the next directions: Pour contents of jar right into a 9×13-inch baking pan, then add the next elements: 3/Four cup vegetable oil 2 tsp white vinegar 1 tsp vanilla extract 2 cups water Whisk elements collectively nicely within the pan, ensuring they’re fully blended; don’t fear, some fizzing is regular. Bake at 350 levels for 30 minutes. Cool and minimize into bars.
Thirsty for More?
Get your Daily Dose of Steeped Stories, Tips &
Click here for your Free Subscription!