NEW YORK, June 1, 2018 /PRNewswire/ — It’s about time we transfer oolong to the summer time and rejoice the second-most consumed beverage within the world – tea! With the temperatures rising and flowers blooming, there’s nothing extra refreshing than a tall glass of freshly brewed iced tea or a tea cocktail! In honor of National Iced Tea Month this June, in addition to National Alzheimer’s and Brain Awareness Month, the Tea Council of the USA is sharing essential new analysis that helps the well being advantages of sipping iced (or scorching) tea in June, all through the summer time and all 12 months!
Today, persons are extra health-conscious than ever – particularly when selecting meals and drinks. It’s no marvel greater than eight in 10 (82%) Americans drink tea for its well being advantages, in comparison with 71% of espresso drinkers. 1 Consuming true teas, which originate from the Camellia sinensis plant, together with inexperienced, black, darkish, oolong and white teas, have been linked to quite a few well being advantages.
The Tea Council of the USA encourages customers to sail into summer time by ingesting true tea as a beverage (scorching or iced), to get pleasure from its well being properties. There is a major and rising physique of science demonstrating the advantages of ingesting tea within the areas of heart problems and cognitive operate.
Tea and Alzheimer’s/Dementia
- A current examine printed within the American Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry concluded that frequent inexperienced tea consumption (of 5 cups of tea day by day vs. 1 cup) was related with decrease danger for brand new dementia analysis within the Ohsaki Cohort. 2
Tea for mind well being
- A examine reveals that inexperienced tea improves all-around mind well being. Green tea particularly influences cognition (advantages in reminiscence and a focus), psychopathological signs (discount of tension), and mind operate (activation of working reminiscence seen in practical MRI). 3
Tea and coronary heart well being
- Research utilizing information from the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis demonstrated that tea drinkers have slowed development of coronary artery calcium and fewer cardiovascular occasions. This impact was seen in topics who consumed a couple of cup of tea day by day. 4
“Tea is one of the most versatile beverages – it not only has the ability to satisfy everyone’s unique palates, but it can do so while providing a variety of healthful benefits at the same time,” says Peter F. Goggi, President of the Tea Council of the USA. “And since 80% of the tea consumed in the U.S. is iced, we’re looking forward to celebrating National Iced Tea Month by sharing innovative, delicious iced tea recipes and tea health facts across our social media channels.”
Stay refreshed, and wholesome, this summer time with a TEA-riffic Bourbon Tea Latte recipe from the Tea Council of the USA:
- 2 oz. tea bourbon
- ¾ oz. heavy cream
- ½ oz. maple syrup
- ¼ oz. easy syrup
- 1 Tbsp. black tea leaves
- eight oz. bourbon
- Steep black tea leaves in bourbon for 1 hour, pressure and maintain at room temperature.
- Pour elements in a cocktail shaker, shake and pressure over ice in a rocks glass.
For extra tea information and recipes, observe us on Twitter @TeaCouncil and on our newly-launched Instagram web page @TeaCouncil! Join the enjoyable by looking out and/or posting tea recipes with #NationalIcedTeaMonth.
About the Tea Council of the USA:
The Tea Council of the USA is a non-profit affiliation that was fashioned in 1950 as a joint partnership between tea packers, importers and allied industries inside the United States, and the key tea producing international locations. It features because the promotional arm of the tea industry with a main purpose of accelerating general consciousness of tea by offering details about its many constructive attributes. One of the Council’s main targets is the dissemination of key scientific findings about tea to the general public. The Tea Council does this in a number of methods together with: funding scientific conferences to carry tea researchers from across the world collectively to share key data and establish subsequent steps for future analysis initiatives; and dealing with well being organizations and worldwide scientists to disseminate details about potential constructive well being results of tea consumption on a public stage.
- Survey performed by Kelton Global and the Tea Council of the USA, 2015
- Tomata Y, Sugiyama Ok, Kaiho Y, Honkura Ok, Watanabe T, Zhang S, Sugawara Y, Tsuji I. Green tea consumption and the danger of incident dementia in aged Japanese: the ohsaki cohort 2006 examine. Am J Geriatr Psychiatry 2016; 24(10): 881-9.
- Mancini E, Beglinger C, Drewe J, Zanchi D, Lang UE, Borgwardt S. Green tea results on cognition, temper and human mind operate: a scientific evaluation. Phytomedicine 2017; 34:26-37.
- Miller PE, Zhao D, Frazier-Wood AC, Michos ED, Averill M, Sandfort V, Burke GL, et al. Associations of espresso, tea and caffeine consumption with coronary artery calcification and cardiovascular occasions. Am J Med. 2017;130 (2): 188-97.
SOURCE The Tea Council of the USA