As the vacations usher within the peak of the feast season, you’ll need one thing great, heat, and welcoming to serve at your subsequent get-together. If you’re uninterested in the standard punch and cider, do this spicy and citrusy tea-infused mulled wine! The port and orange give a delicate sweetness that properly offsets the spices, whereas the tea provides taste and depth. We used Blood Orange tea for ours and it was completely superb.
- 1 bottle crimson wine
- 1 bottle port
- 1 ounce unfastened leaf orange flavored tea, in a strainer or massive sachet (or roughly 15 tea luggage)
- 1 massive orange, sliced
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6-Eight entire cloves
- 2 star anise
- Pour wine and port into a big gradual cooker, set on low warmth.
- Add tea, orange slices and spices, giving issues an excellent stir.
- Cover and simmer on low for four hours.
- Serve instantly in mugs or scale back to heat warmth and permit visitors to serve themselves over the following few hours. (The spices and orange slices can keep in—they received’t damage something.)
Thirsty for More?
Get your Daily Dose of Steeped Stories, Tips &
Click here for your Free Subscription!