Tea terminology will be thoughts-bogglingly complicated. Which is why we’re bringing you Tea A-Z, a information to deciphering each frequent and utterly bewildering ideas from the world of tea. Let’s dive in!
This small landlocked nation in Africa has been rising tea since 1891, when Scottish planter, Henry Brown established the primary tea backyard. Today, the tea industry employs over 50,000 people within the peak season, with females making up over 51% of the workforce. The majority of the tea produced is CTC, bought each in bulk and for mixing. However; orthodox tea is slowly increasing, with a concentrate on white and inexperienced tea.
Grown in Japan, this shade grown plant has just lately achieved international recognition. Several weeks earlier than harvest, the crops are lined to scale back the quantity of daylight and enhance the chlorophyll manufacturing. This course of is what provides matcha its vibrant inexperienced hue. After harvesting, the leaves are steamed and air dried after which floor right into a effective powder. Traditionally part of Japanese tea ceremonies, there may be an artwork to each ingesting and whisking the matcha beverage to a frothy perfection.
Yorkshire Tea Bags 3.25 Kg (1040 tea bags)
£22.69 in stock
- We've said goodbye to 'one-cup' and hello to a proper brew, offering the same strength tea across all of our products
- Now with 25% more tea per individual tea bag compared to our former one-cup product
- Seriously refreshing & kind to the people who grow it-we go to great lengths to make tea properly & find the best teas for our blend
- We've built relationships with some of the top tea estates in Africa and India to make a lovely blend that's big on flavour
- We are a member of Ethical Tea Partnership - Rainforest Alliance & Kosher Certified