Welcome to The Alexis Show! This week’s function recipe is Pu-erh Tea Chicken & Mushroom Kabobs.
Pu-erh tea, recognized for its very wealthy, woodsy and earthy taste, can typically have aromas and tastes of mushrooms, tobacco smoke and even hints of leather-based, all relying upon if its cooked or uncooked and the way lengthy it’s been aged. The deep, earthy notes add a complexity that sings when blended with umami notes of soy sauce, toasted sesame oil and different components within the marinade. Swap hen with tofu or candy carrots for a vegetarian skewer.
Makes 8-10 kabobs
Three tablespoons Pu-erh tea
1 ½ cups water
½ cup soy sauce
Four tablespoons toasted sesame oil
Four tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
Four garlic cloves, minced
8oz child Porcini or Crimini mushrooms, sliced into ¼ to ½ inch thickness (word: use any mushroom you want)
1 pound hen thighs (skinless & boneless) lower into 1-inch cubes
1 purple onion, lower and separate layers into 1-inch items
1 inexperienced bell pepper, chopped into 1 inch items
8-10 wood or steel skewers
(tip: soak wood skewers in water for 30 minutes to
be sure that they gained’t be flammable)
1. Bring 1.5 cups of water to a boil.
2. Add Three tablespoons of Pu-erh tea to an infuser and brew in boiling water for six minutes. Strain and reserve tea leaves.
3. Stir honey into scorching tea and let tea fully cool to room temperature (for faster cooling, place brewed tea in fridge or freezer, ensuring that mug or tea pot is roofed to protect freshness/taste).
4. While the tea cools, prep hen and greens. In a big bowl, combine soy sauce, lemon juice, garlic, and moist steeped tea leaves after which add room temperature tea.
5. Pour marinade into an hermetic container or bowl, and add onions, mushrooms, hen and blend to make sure that they’re accomplished lined by the marinade. Cover with plastic wrap or seal hermetic and let the components marinate within the fridge for at the very least 6 hours (in a single day really useful however not more than 24 hours).
1. Heat grill or an indoor grill pan on excessive warmth till highly regarded.
2. Thread mushrooms, hen items, onion and bell peppers onto every skewer (word: don’t crowd components on every skewer or they won’t prepare dinner correctly).
3. Place every skewer on the grill and prepare dinner 5-6 minutes on both sides till components are barely charred and cooked (for those who discover that they’re sticking, use a light-weight cooking oil spray).
4. Remove from the grill and serve heat.
Stay tuned every week for brand new episodes of The Alexis Show!
Click here to obtain a duplicate of this recipe.
Don’t miss an episode – go to The Alexis Show web page immediately for a whole itemizing of exhibits!
All of the recipes featured on The Alexis Show are authentic content material created by Alexis Siemons. Contact her at [email protected] or on Instagram (@teaspoonsandpetals) and Twitter (@teaandpetals)
Thirsty for More?
Get your Daily Dose of Steeped Stories, Tips &
Click here for your Free Subscription!