Sweeter teas, when brewed as a focus, are excellent for baking. As wealthy as liquid flavoring, the concentrated tea can substitute for vanilla in a recipe, simply double what the recipe calls for.
Recipe supplied by Raelene Gannon, Tea and All its Splendour
- ½ cup butter
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp. abha chai, or any black tea of your selection
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup all-objective flour
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place 2 tablespoons of tea in ½ cup of sizzling water, steep for five minutes.
- Strain out the tea leaves, leaving you with a tea focus. (For this recipe, solely a teaspoon of the tea focus can be used. The remaining focus will retailer effectively within the fridge for two days.)
- Grease and flour an 8-inch sq. pan.
- Melt butter both within the microwave or over the range.
- Once melted add in cocoa powder and stir till absolutely combined.
- Add 1 teaspoon of the tea focus and stir effectively.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs for 2 full minutes.
- Stir eggs into the cocoa combination and add the 2 sugars.
- Mix till all components are absolutely integrated.
- Add the flour and salt.
- Mix effectively, till no powder will be seen.
- Pour into the 8-inch pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or till a tooth choose comes out clear.
- Cool and serve with a heat cup of chai.
Thirsty for More?
Get your Daily Dose of Steeped Stories, Tips &
Click here for your Free Subscription!