As I write this, it’s snowing. And for these of us who’re about to enter the throes of winter, we’ll be seeing snow for fairly a while. Naturally, we should fight the climate with consolation meals!
I don’t learn about you, however few issues say “comfort” fairly like a recent, heat scone, and these beauties from my buddy Krista actually match the invoice. I like to make use of brown rice flour and gluten free oats in mine, however you may alter to fit your explicit preferences. Just ensure you eat them heat with butter or home made maple cream—whereas wrapped up in a comfy blanket together with your favourite cup of tea, in fact.
Recipe and images by Krista Bjorn at Rambling Tart: Vanilla Oat Scones
- 1 1/four cup entire grain flour
- 1 cup oat bran
- four teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2/three cup milk
- 1 massive egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 egg, overwhelmed (for brushing scones)
- Raw sugar
- Preheat oven to 450˚
- Stir collectively flour, oat bran, baking powder, salt and sugar. Add butter and cut-in with fingers or pastry blender till combination resembles coarse crumbs.
- In cup, whisk collectively milk, egg, and vanilla. Pour into flour combination and toss gently with a fork till nicely included.
- Dump dough onto well-floured floor and knead calmly simply till dough comes collectively. (If dough is simply too moist, add extra flour.)
- Press into massive circle about 1-inch thick.
- Cut into wedges and place on baking sheet coated with baking paper.
- Brush tops with overwhelmed egg and sprinkle with uncooked sugar.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes till scones have risen and tops are golden brown.
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- Beat whipping cream till comfortable peaks kind.
- Stir in extract and syrup.
- Chill till able to serve.
Thirsty for More?
Get your Daily Dose of Steeped Stories, Tips &
Click here for your Free Subscription!